What natural remedies to use for oily skin and pimples?

I have oily skin, due to which I often get pimpuls on my face. please suggest me some natural based medicines
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 18 hours later
Brief Answer: acne soap and cream will work. Detailed Answer: Hi ,thanks for writing here.Oiliness of face and pimples are age releated problems. It will be difficult to find out natural remedeis.In my opinion a good oil control soap and antiacne creams will work for you.I usually prescribe dermadew acne soap to my patients having oiliness.Use it two to three times daily.Wash with cold water.Do not try to rub your face.Gentle cleansing is required.Do not apply any cosmetics over face.Do not try any face packs scrubs etc.This can worsen pimples.At night you can apply clindamycin cream over pimples.You need to continue soap and cream for 2 to 3 months.In case there is no response it will be better to consult a dermatologist for further treatment.Let me know your improvement after a month so that we can plan treatment accordingly.Hope this will help you.Take care.
Follow-up: What natural remedies to use for oily skin and pimples? 7 hours later
Hi thanks for your reply, Actually one of my Colleague also got oily skin problem, but no pimpuls. She is of same my age. Do you suggest some thing for her
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 17 hours later
Brief Answer: A mild cleansing lotion will work. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for follow up. cetaphil cleansing lotion will be a better option.It is a gentle cleanser.Use it as a face wash.Females have more sensitive skin .So this wil also give protection for her skin.Hope this will help you.Take care.