What might be the reason for severe pain under breast?

Severe pain under my left breast. Can last for hours. I've been to every specialist I can think of. I am very pain tolerant but can tolerate this
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations. Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. This is an excellent question and I can appreciate that you're dealing with a very stressful uncomfortable situation. I am assuming that your doctor performed a comprehensive physical examination to look for possible musculoskeletal causes of your discomfort. sometimes considerations such as a bra which does not fit correctly might explain some of the symptoms. also sometimes if you are carrying extra weight this might also put pressure on that part of the body and can cause some symptoms. if your doctor is not able to delineate an obvious musculoskeletal cause he might consider imaging studies to help further determine what is going on. This might include x-rays or possibly a CT scan. A pinched nerve can sometimes also contribute to this type of thing. A comprehensive laboratory evaluation might be reasonable as well. Lastly your doctor will want to make sure this is not related to your heart. This seems doubtful in your situation but still is something your doctor needs to evaluate. I would suggest that you bring all of this for discussion with your doctor and formulate a good plan to help get you back to A good state of health. Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific items to discuss. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga