What medicines should I use to stop loose motions?

What medicines should I use to stop loose motions? I had normal, home food for lunch. I had sprouts, carrot, cucumber and amla in the morning.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diarrhea is due to contaminated raw vegetables Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Loose stools commonly occur following ingestion of contaminated foods, particularly raw/uncooked vegetables. Apparently, the salads that you ate in the morning, were contaminated with bacteria/ameba. Take a course of Tinidazole 1000mg twice daily for three days; plenty of water (with a pinch of salt in each glass of water to prevent dehydration); and, chew and then swallow a tablet of Albendazole (400mg) (a deworming agent). You will improve with the treatment advised. If the frequency of stools is very high, 2 tablets of Lomotil immediately, followed by another tablet 6 hours later, will reduce the frequency. Lastly, I would advise you to wash the salads thoroughly before eating raw. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What medicines should I use to stop loose motions? 11 minutes later
Can I use this medicines along with Azithromycin 500? I'm prescribed this medicine by my skin specialist. Thank you so much for a prompt reply, doctor!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take both medicines together Detailed Answer: You can take the prescribed medicines safely along with Azithromycin, as there is no drug-interaction between them.