What medicines could interfere when on paroxetine?

I am on ten milligram of paroxetine. what medicines could interfere? I currently take atenolol,amlodipine, clonidine and aspirin.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: No major drug interaction Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Paroxetine isnmetabolized in the liver and the predominant enzyme involved is CYP2D6. None of the medicines that you have stated have any serious ineraction with the paoxetine and you may take them together. The drugs with serious interaction are phenelzine, selegilline, isocarboxazide, pimozide, thioridazine.. From my personal.experience paroxetine is safe drug and can be comfortably taken with no major drug interaction. The only two issues with paroxetine are 1. It causes sedation. Hence taken at night time. 2. You should always avoiding stopping it suddenly as it has anticholinergic action and hence the withdrawal symptoms. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.