What medicines could interfere when on paroxetine?
User rating for this question
I am on ten milligram of paroxetine. what medicines could interfere? I currently take atenolol,amlodipine, clonidine and aspirin.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: No major drug interaction Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Paroxetine isnmetabolized in the liver and the predominant enzyme involved is CYP2D6. None of the medicines that you have stated have any serious ineraction with the paoxetine and you may take them together. The drugs with serious interaction are phenelzine, selegilline, isocarboxazide, pimozide, thioridazine.. From my personal.experience paroxetine is safe drug and can be comfortably taken with no major drug interaction. The only two issues with paroxetine are 1. It causes sedation. Hence taken at night time. 2. You should always avoiding stopping it suddenly as it has anticholinergic action and hence the withdrawal symptoms. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Swollen lymph near hip baby
- What medicines could interfere when on paroxetine
- Percentage of elephantiasis
- Slightly inflamed liver and murmur in babies
- Weight gain when taking paroxetine side effects
- Filariasis elephantiasis
- When to increase baby s milk intake
- What will happen if i stop taking paroxetine
- Increase in size of spleen in baby
- What are the preventive measures for elephantiasis?
- Lipoma in baby head
- What are the side effects of paroxetine er?
- Ozone for elephantiasis treatment
- Elephantiasis mode of transmission
- What causes reduced sprinting capacity while taking paroxetine for anxiety