What medicine to be given to children with cough, running nose and sneezing?

my two yr kid is having a cough since a week. we have been administering citrizine syrup twice a day till yesterday. her cough is still persisting. also she is having running nose and sneezing. she had fever in the beginning but it went off after using calpol for two days. what cough syrup do I give her? how much? she must be approx 12kg.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi. Detailed Answer: Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Your child is having respiratory symptoms which is mostly viral in nature and settles in few days. Since ascultation of chest is important to identify type of cough,so I suggest you to get your child examined by pediatrician . In case such patient comes to my clinic and in case it is dry cough I would suggest combination of cought suppressant like dextomethorphen and antiallergic like clorphenaramine. In case of productive cough expectorant like ambroxyl is given. Dose is 3.5ml three times a day. I suggest you to give him plenty of warm fluids as it will be soothing. Give steam inhalation . Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...