What medicine should I take to get rid of constipation?

Sep 2012

Hii. upper tummy is gettin full ..and i am gttin sour burbs... aam havin constipation problem...aam being prescribed with ornidazole,pan d, and gelusil, life style is bit lazy..also i eat could please let me know what is d best medicine would be to get rid of this problem. Sinc i am not able totake heavy food.Thanks
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, you are suffering from hyperacidity. For this, you are experiencing sour burbs. But, you also have constipation.

For you the best drug is lansoprazole. If you do not experience any nausea, then you do not need any PAN D like drug. Just take the lansoprazole only. And right now, there is no indication of taking ornidazole group of drug.

Avoid fast foods. Take a balanced, nutritious diet. As you have constipation, it would be better to take high fiber diet. That means try to take some XXXXXXX leafy vegetables daily.

Take one enzyme group of syrup half hour before the meals. It will help to prevent indigestion.

You have to take albendazole group of drug. It will prevent you from developing any helminthic disease.

You should take isabgul dust every day at bedtime with lukewarm water. I am telling you this because, the anti-acidic agents can induce constipation as a side effect.

Do a liver function test and an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. Sometimes some hepatobilliary system abnormality can present with this type of symptoms. So, to be on safe side, you can do those tests.

For the detailed prescription, you should consult with your treating doctor.

Lastly, if the above measures cannot give you any relief within 15 days, you should consult with a gastroenterologist in person. A clinical examination followed by a thorough investigation is necessary.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.