What medicine should I take for stomach burning apart from somac?

I am on somac for my tommy burning but it isnt working
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query From the description you have given it looks like you are suffering from acute gastritis, however to come to a better conclusion I need more info, please get back to me with the following 1. How many times in a day are you on Somac? 2. How long have you had these symptoms? 3. Do you smoke and drink? 4. Do you have regular eating habits? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: What medicine should I take for stomach burning apart from somac? 23 minutes later
I am on 40 mg somac twice a day morning and night The burning i have had for 9 months but it has gotten a lot more frequant and worse last 4 months . I do drink once in a while not often probably one every couple of months. I do not smoke i have tried it before like most teens but hated it as it set of my asthma . My eating habbits are bad i fast lots atm i have been trying to recover from bulimia and anorexia , so i attempt eating once a day dinner i am not good at it and usually chuck most of it up but try again . If i get stressed or something triggers me i binge heavily on anything i get my hands on and purge so not good eating habbits this happens atm once or twice a week
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need to regularize eating habits Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Here are my suggestions to you 1. You can use a stronger antacid like esomeprazole instead of Somac (Pantoprazole), it can be taken at a dose of 40mg twice daile 2. Syp Mucaine gel, 2 tsp can be taken in case of severe burning of the stomach, it will help bring down the burning sensation 3. The most important part of management of the gastritis is to regularize the eating habits, small amounts of food can be taken 4 to 5 times a day. The burning is because the gastic acid is getting secreted to an empty stomach thus eroding the mucosa. Please also seek help from a psychiatrist for the anorexia and stress related binge eating 4. I also strongly recommend endoscopy since you have been symptomatic for almost 9 months now, it is necessary to rule out an peptic ulcer. Please approach a gastroenterologist for the same I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards