What medicine should I take for irregular and missed periods problem ?

I am suffering from irregular and missing menstruation cycle. I am 36 years , unmarried. Currently it did not occur for past five months.I dont have any sex life. Need medical help.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Follow-up: What medicine should I take for irregular and missed periods problem ? 8 minutes later

If there is any side effects of Recita (10).
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 minutes later

Irregular and missing periods indicate hormonal imbalance and can be due to any underlying uterine or ovarian abnormality as Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease,Pelvic Inflammatory Disease,thyroid disorder ,Anemia etc.

You require a complete examination and investigations as Ultrasound scan and Hormonal analysis which would help in ruling out the exact cause.

Usually oral hormonal preparations are given for inducing periods but the treatment also depends on the exact cause.Irregular periods can cause issues in fertility also.

Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for detailed evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.

Hope this information is adequate.I am available for follow up in case of any doubt.
Follow-up: What medicine should I take for irregular and missed periods problem ? 4 hours later
I have undergone an ultra sonography but nothing like poly Cystic Ovarian disease, pelvic inflammatory, thyroid disorder has been detected. Can you suggest me a medicine??
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for the follow up

Usually the cause for such delayed periods is Hormonal Imbalance and the usual treatment would be regular contraceptive pills for 3 months. But this has to be followed only after complete physical examination as this might lead to more complications. Also it is unethical to prescribe medication without examination.

Consider getting a complete Hormonal work up done. Thyroid can be detected by means of a Blood test and not by Ultrasonography.

A proper diagnosis would help in deciding the medication further.

Hope this answers your query.

Wishing you Good Health.