What medicine can i give for my child suffering from dry cough and difficulty in breathing?

My 2 year old child has a dry cough and has trouble breathing
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. Difficulty in breathing could be due to blocked nose for which I suggest you to put saline nasal drops . Give steam inhalation. Give warm fluids as it will be soothing . Use honey with 2to 3drops of ginger at bed time. In case symptoms persist get him examined by pediatrician as physical examination of chest will be required for further management. Hope I have answered your query.let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...