What medicine can be given for my 9 month child for brown spots around her mouth and chin ?

ENT Specialist
my daughter is 9 months old and for the past3 days started getting brown spots around her mouth and chin. Her pediatrician put her on 1/2 teaspoon of benadryl and and ointment to rub on it . I have been using the ointment for 2 days but nothing has changed what can i do? what is it?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 21 minutes later

Your child could probable be suffering from allergic rashes. When any antigen, like dust, pollens, virus, enters into the body, it reaches to the bloodstream and then the body try to eliminate these antigens from the body, by forming antibodies.

After this these natural antibodies, attaches to the external antigens, and finally destroy them, this leads to inflammatory reaction,, due to this inflammation, there occurs redness, itching, pain, swelling.

In your daughter's case, the cause of spot formation is inflammation due to antigen antibody reaction.

Do not worry . Your doctor has prescribed benedryl, which is a antiallergic syrup.

Use this syrup for atleast 7-10 days, she will be all rite.

Precautions, you will have to follow---

1- Avoid her from dust.
2- Avoid direct exposure from sun.
3- Give her plenty of fluids.

This is not a serious entity,The above suggestions will help.

Hope this will help you.