What medicine can be given for a large itchy bump between the vagina and anus ?

Question
, my wife has a large itchy lump between her vagina and anus, very itchy at night,and hot after she passes urine
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Hello.

The large itchy lump in between vagina and anus can be due to -

1. a Sebaceous cyst- it is a blocked sebaceous gland which has to be surgically removed for cure.

2. an ingrowing hair follicle or inflamed follicle.

3.Vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.

4.Genital wart.

5.Vaginal fistula

All these conditions can be diagnosed only after examination by a gynaecologist.

If the swelling is rapidly growing or it becomes hot and tender then, of course it is a matter of concern and needs early treatment.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Regards.