What medicine can I take to prepone my periods?

Hello, I am a 25 yr old girl. Me and my husband were engaged in some foreplay with clothes on and he ejaculated on my clothes near vagina. I found my panties wet and I am worried that I may get pregnant. I am expecting periods on 29th of this month but to be sure want to have them early. We have not planned a baby yet. Please suggest some medicine to prepone my periods. I am eating a lot of food stuffs to heat up my body to get periods. We are worried please help.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Medroxy progesterone for 5 days Detailed Answer: Hello, As he ejaculated on clothes, it is not possible to getting pregnant. If you have not planned for pregnancy, then Better follow the barrier methods like condom to have intercourse. Because withdrawal methods have high failure rate. You can try the pills like medroxyprogestrone to get periods early. It is a synthetic form of the naturally occurring female sex hormone, progesterone. Normally the level of progesterone in your blood increases about a week before your period. If medroxyprogesterone is taken for 5 days, it mimics the natural rise in your progesterone levels. Then you will get periods earlier. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What medicine can I take to prepone my periods? 7 hours later
Thank you doctor. Is this medicine Medroxy progesteron readily available in stores? What is the dosage that I should take and in how many days after taking this I will get my periods?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Available. 10 mg. at least 5 days. Detailed Answer: Hello, It is readily available in stores. Medroxyprogestrone 10 mg to be taken for atleast 5 days. Withdrawal bleeding usually occurs within 3-7 days after you stop taking the medroxyprogesterone. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.