What medicine can I take to postpone my periods ?

My period has started today,i have a special occasion later today and over the weekend. So is there a drug i can buy at a chemist to halt it until next week. But i would like it to stop as soon as possible now.
I have read in an answer about norestirone,does that work can it be bought.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

You have read correctly that norethisterone can delay the onset of periods- but cannot delay the periods once they have started.

Secondly, it has to be started at least three days before the expected date of periods.

Now that your periods have already started, there is no drug that can make them stop instantly. If you start taking a tablet now, your periods will stop at least after 48 hours and when you will stop taking the medicine you will have a withdrawal bleeding again.

It is too late now. My advice is to bear with them.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.