What medicine can I take for a black growth at the anus?

this is so embarrassing, i just noticed tonite that i have what appears to be a black growth at anus which was noted when wiping i do and felt rectal pressure. Currrently under incredible amount of stress for various reasons and have had bouts diarrahea or constipitation im female, 46, 5', 125 lbs
there is family history of cancer
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

First of all you need not be embarrased about it as it is a condition reported often.

It seems that you are suffering from Perianal Hematoma or External Pile which is a kind of blood blister formed due to rupture of a blood vessel due to passage of stool.If it was associated with any other symptom as pain during passage of stools,anal bleeding,discharge,anal fullness etc then it would be a cause of concern.

Usually the hematomas resolve by themselves within few days time and do not require any treatment as such.The only thing to keep in mind is to keep the area clean as it is prone to infection.

If the size of the blister increases or infection spreads up then it might require antibiotic treatment and evacuation by a syringe.

If there is development of any other symptom as pain,bleeding or increase in growth size and if the altered bowel symptoms do not resolve within few days then consider visiting a Physician for physical examination as that is important.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query
Follow-up: What medicine can I take for a black growth at the anus? 9 hours later
Thank You for your response. It is still same this morning with "pressure" type feeling. Feels like kind of sitting on a stone. Previously, I have noted mild red blood when wiping during bowel movements. I will wait to see if it improves?

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 45 minutes later

Thansk for the follow up

This condition will improve in a few days. Warm water sit baths help in some people. You may try them.

You can wait for few days and they may disappear. But if you notice red blood occasionally during wiping even later then it is better to get it examined.

Hope my answer is adequate and useful.

Wishing you Good Health!