What medicine can I give for my child suffering from cough and having wheezing sound?

Hi, My Daughter, who is four months old, has cough. No runny nose or other problems. Just a wheezing sound when she breathes and sometimes choked nose, which troubles the breathing. Can you please prescribe some simple medicine for her. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Steam inhalation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. It is too risky o self medicate a four month old baby. Based on the symptoms I consider that she may need a course of antibiotics. I suggest you to take her to the specialist who can examine her and advice right medications. Meanwhile you can give her steam inhalations which will clear the airways and provide relief to her. Regards,