What medicine can I give for my baby suffering from cough?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My one month old baby girl has developed cough what can i possibly give her?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 5 hours later
Brief Answer: let pediatrician examine her Detailed Answer: Hi, As your bay is very small, you have to show her first to a pediatrician to check her lungs . Cough in her may be due to chest infection or due to postnasl drip from blocked nose. Now these are usually viral infections. However because of her age she has to be examined. The doctor may describe some antihistamine syrup like tixylix after examing her. God bless Dr Uma