What medications must be taken to cure erectile dysfunction ?

I have taken Viagra and cialias and I still can not get an erection I have had my testosterome tested and everything come back ok How or what do I need to do so I can get an erection again
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for your query.

I can appreciate that you are dealing with a very frustrating situation regarding your erectile function. In looking at your medication list I see one there that has been known to cause a side effect of diminished erectile function and that is paroxetine. Lorazepam and benztropine may also have an effect as well. I think you should consider speaking to your psych doctor about an alternative to the paroxetine as it seems to be having a significant effect on your erections.

You have done the appropriate testing for testosterone and tried the typical medications viagra and cialis. There are additional medications such as caverject where a medication is injected directly into the penis to stimulate an erection but this is a relatively extreme therapy at this point for you.

I also wonder how much exercise you are getting. It is supremely important that you get a full one hour of exercise at least 4 to 5 times per week. This will strengthen your sex drive and function and virility.

I hope you have found my response to be both adequate and informative. Should you have additional followup concerns, I am available to address them.

Dr. Galamaga