What medications are recommended for hair loss?

I am having hair loss my height is 5.6 and weight 66 and age 33.
please suggest some good medicines/doctor in bangalore.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Hair fall can be of many types and causes can be innumerable.

Androgentic Alopecia (AA) is the most common cause in most young male of your age group and hair fall problem here is related to heredity.

AA can be controlled with regular application of Minoxidil which can be obtained using a prescription from your primary doctor along with ingestion of tablets containing Biotin, calcium Pentothenate etc.
Treatment if started early not only can the existing hair be secured for life but hair that have fallen in last 6-9 months can be grown back. Hence it would be wise to start the treatment as early as possible.

Hence an early consultation with competent dermatologists near your locality is most beneficial. Proper treatment and regular follow up can give you wonders.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further follow ups.

Dr.Rohit Batra