What medication can be taken for premature ejaculation?

hi i am 28 years old and completed two years of my marriage but could not able to perform penetration on account of early ejaculation.however i tried only 5 times at the most during this. To avoid such shameful position i could not collect courage to do it frequently .the medicine taken by me is safe or not (paroxee cr-25 and siotone ) Kindly tell me some medicine that can help me......
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 39 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. Premature ejaculation(PE) is not uncommon and depends on multiple factors , the most common being psychological factors. The psychological factors may include stress and anxiety in daily life and depression due to personal, professional , financial and other social issues. Medical causes of premature ejaculation include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Treatment consists of desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) which you have been already been prescribed. Paroxee cr25 is a SSRI which is often used in anxiety disorder and may be prescribed in premature ejaculation due to anxiety neurosis. So you have been prescribed the right treatment.

The side effects include constipation, decreased appetite, dry mouth, nausea, libido decreased, somnolence, tremor, sweating, and abnormal ejaculation. If you notice any of these side effects then get the dose decreased or drug changed.

Siotone drug which is an ayurvedic preparation has been proposed to be helpful in mental fatigue or exhaustion, nervous debility, sexual weakness or loss of libido but it is should be used only when your urologist prescribes it.

Also when having intercourse, try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. Also do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.