What medication can I take for premature ejaculation?

Question
Hi Doctors, I am not able satisfy my wife cause fall out very fast, she is not happy. kindly suggest any solution (medicine), Thanks
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 minutes later
Hello Deepu,
Thanks for your query. What you seem to be having is premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation(PE) is not uncommon and depends on multiple factors , the most common being psychological factors. The psychological factors may include stress and anxiety in daily life and depression due to personal, professional , financial and other social issues. Medical causes of premature ejaculation include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. Also do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have.

Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

A urologist will be the best person to guide you through this. You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for diabetes, thyroid profile and hormonal assay.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: What medication can I take for premature ejaculation? 1 hour later
Sir kindly refer me any gud doctors in bangalore for the same.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 23 minutes later
Hi Deepu,

Thanks for posting your query. You can also consult a urologist in any of the good reputed hospitals of Bangalore like RG Stone Centre.

Alternatively you can search for one good doctor at this link, WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: What medication can I take for premature ejaculation? 27 hours later
Sir Meanwhile can u tell any tablet which i can use.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 hours later

Antidepressants and other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are very helpful in premature ejaculation but they are available only by prescription from a doctor as they cannot be stopped abruptly and the dose needs to be tapered off.

So take these medicines after consulting a urologist.