What may be the cause for sharp sensations below the rib cage?

what may be the cause of sharp sensations below the left rib cage. - that come in the night - and have not occured otherwise
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

Your sharp sensations below the left rib cage might be due to cardiac problems (arrhythmia and others). - I'd suggest to consult a cardiologist and do ECG and Holter monitoring.

If no problem comes out from cardiac exams, then, it has to do with your gastro intestinal tract (GERD, gastritis, ulcer, colitis, etc.) - In this case, a gastroenterologist is advised to consult.

Another problems could be related to spondiloarthrosis and/or pulmonary problems. - I'd suggest X-ray of the chest.

If still no problem results, then, you should consult a neurologist to exclude neurological and/or psychological problems.

Hope it answered your answer!

p.s. if you have other concern, do not hesitate to contact me!