What leads to black stool when on metronidazole flagy and doxycyclin?

Last month I had a colonscopy and endoscopy The results came back normal except I had 1 polyp that was benign.However the doctor said I have H polry. He gave me metronidazole flagy and doxycycline. I have been noticingmy stool is dark almost black . It seemed everthing was fine before I started to medication . Do I need to worry?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Black colored stool may be due to medicine bismuth subcalicyclate which you haven't mentioned which is given for eradication of H.pylori. So please check your medicines whether bismuth is there or not. If it is there then there is nothing to worry as it will disappear itself once it is stopped I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon