What kind of tests should be done to check hormonal imbalance for men in fifties ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
What kind of tests to check hormones imbalance for men over fifty five years old ?
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Hormonal imbalance in men over 50 years of age usually involve a decreased growth hormone levels, decreased testosterone levels, decreased thyroid hormone levels and a decrease in melatonin. All these hormones account for the signs of ageing in men.
The tests needed include-
1. Serum testosterone levels.
2. Serum T3, T4 and TSH.
3. Serum cortisol levels.
4. Serum PSA levels.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.