What kind of medicines and diet should I take for severe pain in ribs, stomach and back?

Jun 2015

i am getting seviour pain in my ribs, stumuck and back when i was breathing, and some times pain in my whole back portion bcos of GAStic problem , what i need take medicine and what kind of diet prefer, is it any kidney problem
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Production & accumulation of gas in stomach Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for your query. The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be attributed to production & accumulation of gas in the stomach, which can be secondary to increased acid formation. The reason for increased acid production can be Stress, inappropriate diet & lifestyle methods or infection associated with a type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H pylori). Symptomatic relief can be obtained with intake of: 1. Proton pump inhibitors (which prevent acid formation in stomach) like Omeprazole, Pantoprazole,etc. to be taken twice a day, half an hour before meals. 2. Antispasmodics like Dicyclomine preparations (to be taken twice a day after meals). 3. Antacid gel can also be taken after meals for the same. It is also needed that you take certain precautions regarding your diet & lifestyle, such as: 1. Take soft, plain, non-spicy foods 2. Drink lots of water to maintain adequate hydration 3. Avoid smoking & consuming irritating substances such as acidic & rich foods, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. 4. Have your meals regularly and at appropriate time of the day. Do not skip breakfast & never stay hungry. 5. Keep away stress, think positive. 6. Exercise regularly & practice meditation. 7. Avoid medicines like Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, etc for pain relief. They may further aggravate the condition. 8. Avoid staying awake late at nights. Get sufficient sleep. If symptoms still persist, kindly get certain investigations like Ultrasound scan of abdomen & Upper GI endoscopy to rule out any pathological cause for your symptoms. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Please let me know if I can clarify further. Wishing a good health. Take care.
Follow-up: What kind of medicines and diet should I take for severe pain in ribs, stomach and back? 7 hours later
thank you for your valuable reply, present i am useing reboprezol one time a day and lusiride 3 times a day, it sufficient and my weight 86kgs with height 5.8" , last six months i am much control in diet but i find incresing my weight last six months 2kgs , there is any thyroid issue include in this, how can i find this, if thyroid what type of treatment i need to follow i am not getting hungriness in normal way , example i take breakfast in 9am i feel hungry in 4pm thats why i am skiping meals kindly inform medicine.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly view the details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for your follow up query. 1. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor, which prevents excess acid formation in stomach & Lusiride is a prokinetic agent which prevents acid reflux. You can continue them as advised by your Doctor. In addition, Dicyclomine preparation can be taken during spasmodic pain. 2. Regarding the problem of weight gain, kindly get certain investigations like estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels, Thyroid profile & Lipid profile to rule out any pathological cause. If any abnormality in thyroid is detected (as per your concern), then depending on the level you need to take medications to normalize it. 3. Due to skipping of meals, there is production & accumulation of gas in the stomach which is causing the symptoms. Please avoid skipping your meals. Take small proportions of food during breakfast and lunch rather than having a heavy breakfast. Wishing a good health. Take care.