What kind of food can I take for high SGOT, SGPT levels and heat stroke?

Gastroenterologist
Question
My Father age is 75 yrs & in the month of august 2013 he got heart stroke and saved that time. In the angeo test- finals operation is required. But as of now he is not operated and used medicines. But recently he is suffered with liver problem & SGOT, SGPT is very high- 221 & 231 subsequently. Motion problem is heavy. Can u pls suggest best food for recovery
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: More information needed to give a complete answer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I need some more information before I can assist you. I would like to have the reports of the liver function test done when he had the heat stroke. 1. Is he obese? 2. Does he consume alcohol? 3. What is the ultrasound scan report? 4. Is he tested for hepatitis B and C? 5. What is the PT/INR report? I want the recent test reports of the above tests. 6. How long has he been having "motion" problem? 7. Was motion occult blood test done? Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar kini

Follow-up: What kind of food can I take for high SGOT, SGPT levels and heat stroke? 8 hours later
1. He is not Obese. 2 He never alcohol in his life. 3 I have attached ultrasound scan report. 4 I don't know about this but attached report, Pls refer. 5,PT/INR - I am not aware of this. 6.from last two months & from last 10 days heavily. 7.motion occult blood test not done I have attached all reports which I have. & Prescribed Medicines are. 1. URSOCOL -300mg Daily 2 tablets. 2.NUSAM 400mg - Daily 2 Tablets, 3.CINTODAC Cap -1 on empty Stomach 4.Domastal 5.RYNAZMA Tab 6.FREGo powder - Night 2 table spoon

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing additional information. Your father has two issues. The report says he is weakly positive for hepatitis C. It has to be confirmed. HCV is a viral infection that can damage the liver. The ultrasound scan also says there is early damage to liver. You need to consult a gastroenterologist/hepatologist in your area for further management of this infection. As far as the "motion" problem is concerned, let him continue taking Freego. He needs to drink lot of fluids eat lot of vegetables and fruits. A stool occult blood test has to be done. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini