What kind of food can I give for my toddler suffering from adenoid?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
why my kid z infected more than others, I cant take him in cold as he gets adenoid. he z 3.3 year 12.5kg his pead.dr says he z normal and given calcium and iron supplements. kid x very active wants to play always he sits with lot of play cars for hours. how to improve his immunity and what food we need to give more. what food we need to avoid for adenoids. I scared to send him out to play without sun, that during evening. he puts more leave to his play school because of his health. even im not making him to travel in bike. even he drinks more water too he has dry skin especially legs, how to improve his hydration or water absorption. he loves to take all vegetables but avoiding fruits, any sweets im giving fruit juices like orange, XXXXXXX smash banana with sugar, pomogranate juice any1 for a day, as he avoids directly. totally he eats like a diabetic that z morning milk with boost, idly 2 or dosa or ........then at 11 juice or biscuit and at 1 rice with dal and vegetables curd little evening again milk with boost not willing to take snacks he loves only food and night again rice I give peas, sprouts, groundnut, sweetcorn 4 times a week. z this z a good food habit
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. 1. Adenoids are enlarged nasal tonsils. They usually increase in size till 5 years and then decrease. But if it increases too much it can result in obstruction to airflow . This obstruction can cause snoring and ear infection if not treated. For your kid , you can start with neck XRay for adenoids to assess the size and degree of obstruction. Unless very severe ,In MY CLINIC i usually prescribe nasal spray with budesonide twice daily along with monteleukast 4mg once daily in the evening . If no improvement , surgical removal after 4 years will help. 2. You can add ghee or oil to each feed . Try cakes without cream, eggs if its ok. Continue peas sprouts, nuts ( protein ). MAke sure you dont add water to milk. You can give upto 3 times a day. Try variety food like poori, paratha, roti, kitchdi, etc. Avoid processed packaged foods. 3. Continue iron and calcium supplements Wishing your kid speedy recovery Regards DR XXXXXXX
Follow-up: What kind of food can I give for my toddler suffering from adenoid? 38 minutes later
thank u sir already he z in treatment for adenoids with ent.xray shows enlarged adenoid but dr says will wait for 3 months and may start steroid spray later if fails surgery. can I give curd, bananas will it increase adenoid, some says orange juice increase symptoms. what food for increasing immunity.
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Curd, banana and orange all are safe Detailed Answer: Curd bananas and oranges are all safe. You need not worry . To increase immunity, get flu vaccine every year. Try immubless or lactrum once a day to improve immunity. Regards
Follow-up: What kind of food can I give for my toddler suffering from adenoid? 18 minutes later
what is immunbless or lactrum?
Answered by Dr. Arun 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: colostrum lactoferrin Detailed Answer: They contain colostrum extracts and lactoferrin which are immune boosters , scientifically proven to decrease infection and allergy.