What kind of food can I give for my child suffering from vomiting and loose motions?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi, my son is 11 months old and he is having going to motions since yesterday daily 7 - 8 times so we took him to a clinic and he was prescribed enterogermina and oflamac, after we gave this medicine he started vomiting and motions have now turned into loose motions and the frequency increased. What ever we feed him he vomits please suggest what should be done, also can you suggest the food that we should give him Also the motion sometimes is sticky.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Emeset syrup Detailed Answer: Hi Usually loose stools and vomiting takes 5 days to settle. It's usually viral unless there is blood in stools. You can continue the current medications and add zinc drops 0.5 ml once daily. You can give him breast feeds along with rice based foods. Give him plenty of rebalanz in sips every few minutes to keep him hydrated and make sire he passes atleast 6times urine. Don't worry it will settle soon. If he becomes very dull with low urine output you may need to admit him for iv fluids. Emeset syrup 3 ml thrice daily can be given for vomiting. Regards Dr Arun