What kind of doctor should I consult for pressure in frontal lobe of brain, speech and memory problems?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I have had pressure on the frontal lobe of my brain since September but my MRI, CATscan, EEG are all normal. I am experiencing short term memory, problems with speech, problems with saying what I want to say, mood swings when put under pressure, etc. What type of doctor should I see? My neurologist just looks at me like I don't know what I am trying to explain.?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You should consult psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You should consult psychiatrist. You need psychiatric treatment for your problems. Your important investigations has been done already. All are normal,so you don't worry about any organic problem. Firstly mood swings need immediate medications.It can be well managed with medicines.Psychiatrist will prescribe mood stabilizers after detailed history and examination. Memory loss may be due to aging. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What kind of doctor should I consult for pressure in frontal lobe of brain, speech and memory problems? 1 hour later
Thank you!

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back You are most welcome. Get well soon. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX