What kind of doctor should I consult for chocolate cyst in left ovary?
User rating for this question
I have been diagnosed with chocolate cyst measuring 4.5x3 cms in the left ovary. The left ovary appears bulky measuring 6x3.2 cms. Please suggest will medication cure the cyst or will i have to go for surgery. Also which doctor in bangalore is recommended for this.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 26 hours later
Brief Answer: surgery is mainstay treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. The chocolate cyst of ovary is a type of endometriosis which is ectopic endometrium. It's size may vary according to the phase of menstruation cycle. The size of cyst in your case is pretty large so most likely most effective treatment will be surgical resection although you may give a trial to treatment with progesterone under supervision of an expert local gynecologist but chances of success are low. In some cases the cysts may degenerate over time I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
People also viewed
- Swelling in leg after trip to tropics
- Chocolate cyst in ovary and pregnancy
- Tingling in leg after stent put in
- Low oxygen level 1 week after surgery
- 48cm chocolate cyst in left ovary
- What is chocolate cyst of thyroid
- Chocolate cysts of ovary symptoms
- Vaginal discharge turns crusty when dry
- Crusty discharge on labia
- Lethargy after spinal surgery
- Are chocolate cysts in ovary curable
- Petechiae leg after meniscus resection
- Crusty substances from vaginal discharge
- Grey crusty patch on vulva
- Yellow crusty discharge with odor