What kind of doctor should I consult for chocolate cyst in left ovary?

I have been diagnosed with chocolate cyst measuring 4.5x3 cms in the left ovary. The left ovary appears bulky measuring 6x3.2 cms. Please suggest will medication cure the cyst or will i have to go for surgery. Also which doctor in bangalore is recommended for this.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 26 hours later
Brief Answer: surgery is mainstay treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. The chocolate cyst of ovary is a type of endometriosis which is ectopic endometrium. It's size may vary according to the phase of menstruation cycle. The size of cyst in your case is pretty large so most likely most effective treatment will be surgical resection although you may give a trial to treatment with progesterone under supervision of an expert local gynecologist but chances of success are low. In some cases the cysts may degenerate over time I hope the advice will be helpful for you.