What kind of diet should I have to reduce my weight?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I want to reduce my weight. Please advise me some diet that'll help me to reduce the weight.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 40 hours later
Brief Answer: add vegetables and fruits in diet and avoid fats Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for posting the query. To reduce weight the total calorie intake is to be regulated . Cutting down on calories and adding the necessary fillers like insoluble fibers would add bulk to the diet. This helps in attaining satiety while consuming lesser calories. Include a lot of whole cereals, pulses, fruits and vegetables to your diet. Restrict the intake of the refined foods like those made with refined wheat flour. Avoid taking sugar in the diet wherever possible. Include good protein sources like legumes, dals, milk and its products and soy in the diet. Never forget to consume sufficient water and take a good sleep. You are also required to choose the fats wisely, limit the intake of oil and avoid the fried foods and snacks. Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to keep up the metabolism. You may also include options like green tea and lemon tea. Buttermilk and tender coconut water are also good options. In addition to the dietary modifications, exercises are equally important, especially the ones for abs. Moves like crunches, twist crunches, bicycle crunch, step hop, squats etc. are excellent to burn abdominal fat and tone the muscles. Avoid lying down or sitting immediately after the meals. you may go for a light walk after lunch and dinner. Or if possible sit in Vajrasana for 15 – 20 minutes after the meals. Avoid heavy meals after sunset and reduce the total salt intake. Hope this helps. Meenakshi