What kind of allergies is causing reoccurring hives all over my body?

HI Dr. My name is XXXX. I have been suffering with reoccurring hives all over my body, for the past eight months .The hives are very itchy and burning especially on my hands . I have been to several doctors and they all said that it is allergies. But we can not figure out what kind of allergies it is.Can you please help me, its taking over my life. i get emotional sometimes. Thanks
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, see an allergologist! Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent hives for the past 8months.I understand how disturbing this must have been. I hope together we would be able to figure out what the exact cause is. Considering the information you have provided, it is very suggestive of an allergy. Identifying the cause is often very difficult and at times requires specialized testing. This is even more complex if ore than one substance is the cause. The first step is to look back to the very beginning of these symptoms to see what change in food types, cosmetic products, environment, job, etc coincided with this. If no responses are forth coming, then keepa diary to correlate symptoms with different products like food type, products, etc. A careful analysis of these may provide insight to this problem if a specific product/environment is constantly associated with this hive. If we cannot still obtain answers, then meeting an immunologist/allergologist would make much sense. This will permit extensive investigations to try and figure out what the exact cause of this is. Please, can I also get a list of your medications? Is there any possible reason to suspect that maybe one of your drugs is causing this? For example, the symptoms started after beginning a new drug? For now, take the drugs as prescribed to alleviate symptoms. Propose and discuss the above plan with your doctor and see where he takes off from to address this problem. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.