What is underlying cause for onset of chills accompanied with fever?

I have had an onset of chills at about 10:30 am the last two mornings. Low grade fever but not a high one. By 4 pm yesterday I felt fine. This has occurred twice on single days in the past two months, with the chills coming on in the morning and feeling fine by evening and the next day. This is first time it has happened two days in a row.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, From the medical data you provided, it goes more to a viral infection. However, I would like to have some additional information: - Have you experienced headache or runny nose? - have you felt unusual fatigued or sweating? - when was your last time you check you complete blood profile? was it ok? - have you had difficulty or pain/burning during urination? - have you done or eaten anything unusual these recent days? You have chills in the morning, because the virus weakens your immune system and you do not have enough energy to carry your daily activities. You need time to regain that energy (after eating and drinking), that's why you feel fine in the afternoon. Waiting for your kind reply. Dr.Alba
Follow-up: What is underlying cause for onset of chills accompanied with fever? 20 minutes later
Thanks - no headache or runny nose no unusual fatigue or sweating - I have been exercising more (vigorous walking) and losing weight; I sweat when exercising but not much otherwise haven't had a blood workup in years no difficulty urinating eating foods I normally eat, just breakfast and lunch (full meals) and just a light snack in the evening XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible viral infection... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thank you for sending in your medical data. At this point, it goes more as a viral infection. However, please - monitor your body temperature - if you notice other symptoms (e.g. headache or swollen neck lymphnodes), consult an ENT specialist to get further exams and treatment. Meanwhile, I'd advise: - drink more water, tea or other juices - take fever pills at bedtime especially (like paracetamol, ibuprofen) for the next 3days - take good oral hygiene Hope it helped! Dr.Alba feel free to ask other questions you might have at the next follow up.