What is treatment for loose stools in child after given Zili for fever?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, My Kiddo (12 months old, weight: 9.6kg) got fever yesterday 101 degree f. Dr prescribed Zifi 100 Ready-Mix and Nobel Plus. After prescribed medicines fever has got down but he is facing the loose-motions. Please help me know if prescribed medicines are okay though he is having loose-motions.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prescribed medicines are okay. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXX, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Loose stools are sometimes associated with the use of antibiotic(Zifi) or they are presentation symptoms of the focus of gut infection. And the loose stools can be managed by giving oral probiotics. And give sips of oral rehydration solutions such as Pedialyte to prevent the dehydration because of passing loose stools. Monitor the child hydration status and body temperature and consult the doctor for follow up if the loose stools are persisting for the prescription of oral probiotic. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.

Follow-up: What is treatment for loose stools in child after given Zili for fever? 13 hours later
Can you help me know the oral probiotic for loose stools asap? My Dr said it is fine to pass loose stools, this will continue for 3-4 days. Today is the 3rd day, we have already had antibiotics for 2 days now. Fever is under control (shooted upto 100F yesterday night)

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Econorm or sporlac XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXX, Thank you for getting back. You can give oral probiotic sachets such as econorm or sporolac one XXXXXXX twice daily after mixing in 5-10 ml of drinking water. Curd contains natural probiotic, so you can give the curd as a home remedy. Keep on giving sips of oral rehydration solutions to prevent dehydration. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.