What is treatment for having blood clot in eye which created a shadow over eye?

Question
I have just been diagnosed as having had a blood clot in my right eye and it has created a shadow over about 30%of the top of the eye. will this repair naturally and if not what treatment is available ?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please provide more Information. Detailed Answer: How and when did you get it?

Follow-up: What is treatment for having blood clot in eye which created a shadow over eye? 4 hours later
This happened a month ago and was treated as an emergency in hospital and released next day with no findings then had an MRI and again no problems as previous stroke had shown to be all clear then after attending an eye specialist nothing was recorded and being disatisfied I attended another Eye Specialist who smartly told me the results and has now ordered an ultra sound on my neck This occured when I bent over to pick up clothes on the floor and suddenly a shadoww came over my right eye XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: In view of history and details there seem two possibilities - vitreous hemorrhage or retinal detachment. Ultrasound can help differentiate between them.Treatment would depend on the extent of bleed or detachment. Mild cases would need wait and watch approach to see if symptoms improve.But advanced cases would need surgery. I would suggest you to see more specialised eye specialist in posterior chamber of eye, then a regular eye specialist Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: What is treatment for having blood clot in eye which created a shadow over eye? 3 hours later
Thank you for the reply as I ask woulthis be a clot or a bleed--regards Darryl Morris

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for follow up Detailed Answer: Its kind of organised clot.