What is this white vaginal discharge when i masturbate or have intercourse?

Question
I am a femal age 36 and I have notice when masterbating, forplay and intercourse I have a white discharge like substance on my finger or partners genitals
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few things here, so that i can help you better.
1.) Since how long have you been noticing this?
2.) Is Discharge Odorless?
3.) If no, how would you describe the Odor?
4.) Does this happen in a time other than Masturbation, Foreplay or Intercourse?
5.) Do you have pain or Increased frequency of Urination?
6.) Do you have any Itching?

It is absolutely normal for your Vagina to secrete the White discharge when you are sexually aroused. It is nothing but the Lubricating Fluid secreted by the Glands Present in your Vaginal Lips (LABIA). The quantity of the discharge may vary every time which depends upon your Hormonal status. There is nothing to be concerned about if the discharge is odorless and clear. This is very much natural for your vagina to secrete this fluid as you will require it for easy lubrication, which is required while having sex, to make it more pleasurable for you and your partner, else it may cause discomfort for both of you, which is a condition called Dry Vagina. This is more common in menopausal women.

If you develop any of the Symptoms like,
1.) Increased Frequency of Urination
2.) Foul smelling discharge
3.) Having discharge other than the time which you have mentioned
Then you should be getting yourself examined by a Gynecologist to rule out,
1.) Vaginal Candidiasis (Fungal Infection of Vagina)
2.) Bacterial Vaginosis
3.) UTI).

Your Doctor will first examine you physically and confirm these conditions by a Vaginal Swab, Blood Work up or Urinalysis, if at all deemed necessary.

I can assure there is nothing serious considering your History and you don't require any medical intervention. If at all you happen to develop any of the above symptoms mentioned earlier by me, you should be seeing a Gynecologist immediately.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Follow-up: What is this white vaginal discharge when i masturbate or have intercourse? 2 hours later
To answer your questions, 1 I have notice this the last couple of times during intercourse, there is a odor and I would describe it as a little foul, I have it only during intercourse,forplay and masterbation, no pain and no itching

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 9 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for Writing Back.

If you have a Discharge that is Foul Smelling, then it points to either,
1.) Bacterial Vaginosis (Vaginal Infection)
2.) Vaginal Candidiasis (Fungal Infection of Vagina).

As i told earlier, you nee to get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that she can do a Physical examination along with a vaginal Swab, Blood work up and Urinalysis to confirm the Infection, if he/she feels necessary.

Once confirmed, the Treatment will depend upon the cause, like Oral Antibiotics, Anti Fungal Medications which could be taken Orally or inserted in the Vagina (Vaginal Pessary), your treating doctor would know better.
Your Partner should also get examined and treated, for the same, so that you don't spread the Infection to each other.

Till Then, you can follow these steps along with medications,
1.) Apply Cold compresses using a Wash cloth to your Vaginal Lips, if you have any kind of Discomfort.
2.) Restrain from having sex, until you complete the full course of medications and you are completely cured of Infection.
3.) Speak to your Doctor, about when to resume your sexual activity.
4.) Drink plenty of water and eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX Leafy vegetables, this will improve your Immunity.
5.) Exercise regularly and Maintain a Healthy weight.
6.) Avoid Stress.
7.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.