What is this horrible odor during menstrual flow and what is the reason for irregular periods?
User rating for this question
This is very I barraging. But here goes. I am 50 year woman and have not had a period for approx 7 months yet today I started my period. However there is a horrible Oder associated with my flow. I have never experienced anything like this. Up until 7 months ago my periods were clock work. I just thought I was going through menopause but this Oder concerns me.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Examination needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Usually absence of periods for one year can be considered as menopause. But after 50 years, absence of periods for six months can be considered as menopause generally. Onset of bleeding after seven months of amenorrhea at this age should be evaluated carefully. The possible causes for your bleeding are : -Endometrial atrophy, hypertrophy, rarely malignancy -Cervical erosion, rarely neoplasia -Hormonal imbalance, especially in obese women - Uterine infection -Intake of anticoagulants etc. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/12/postmenopausal-bleeding.html So, once consult gynecologist and get evaluated. By examination and by investigations like ultrasound, pap smear etc, the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Underarm pain during menstrual cycle
- What is the remedy for irregular period
- Pain during menstrual cycle related to gallbladder
- My shoulder hurts during my menstrual cycle
- Tablets to get periods immediately regestrone
- Joint problems during menstrual cycle
- What is an irregular period
- Dry skin with menstrual cycle
- Are there tooth worms in impacted wisdom tooth?
- What are the reasons for irregular periods
- Impacted wisdom tooth removal, low platelets
- Impact of spasmo proxyvon
- Impacted wisdom teeth linked to tonsillitis
- What is the treatment for irregular periods
- What is the solution for irregular periods