What is the window period for HSV infection, IgG and IgM testing?
User rating for this question
Hi. I'd like to know the window period for hsv 1&2 igm and igg testing respectively please. Thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 days later
Brief Answer: HSV IgM appear after 2-4 week.IgG after 3-4 month. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. The window period for HSV infection is around 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks IgM is conclusive. IgM is the antibody developed against a fresh (recent) infection and first to appear and persist for 1-2 months. Ig G indicates an old infection. It appear after 3-4 months after the infection and persist for years. I hope you got the answers and if you have more questions feel free to ask. DR S XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Genital hsv infection causes
- Can genital warts cause several warts close together that take on a cauliflower shape?
- Treatment and cure for hsv infection
- Hsv infection causes
- What causes widespread aches and pains involving neckarmsback and leg
- Can pus-like discharge from the tip of the penis be due to gonorrhea?
- What causes irregular periods with breast sorenessheadachesdizziness and nausea
- What are the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?
- Can tooth decay cause lymph nodes on neck
- Can discharge from the penis be due to sexually transmitted diseases?
- Symptoms of hsv infection
- Will zithromax treat uri ?
- What causes flatulence and discomfort under ribs
- What is the treatment for bulge in nasal bone
- Active hsv infection causes