What is the window period for HSV infection, IgG and IgM testing?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi. I'd like to know the window period for hsv 1&2 igm and igg testing respectively please. Thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 days later
Brief Answer: HSV IgM appear after 2-4 week.IgG after 3-4 month. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. The window period for HSV infection is around 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks IgM is conclusive. IgM is the antibody developed against a fresh (recent) infection and first to appear and persist for 1-2 months. Ig G indicates an old infection. It appear after 3-4 months after the infection and persist for years. I hope you got the answers and if you have more questions feel free to ask. DR S XXXXXXX