What is the white spot found at the end of stomach during an endoscopy?

I had an endoscopy and there was a white spot at the end of the stomach going to the small intestine. They did not biopsy it. But I would like to know what it is.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be a Intestinal Lymphangiectiasia. other find? Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These white spots are usually due to Intestinal Lymphangiectasia in the proximal duodenum. Intestinal Lymphangiectasia is characterized by dilatation of lymphatic channels in intestine . White spots might be indicative for stagnant lymphatic flow in the intestine. but it may also associated with Chronic non specific duodenitis and giardiasis. Do you have any abdominal pain? Do you feel any changes in bowel movements? In addition to anemia, so you have any other disease or condition? Have you had any stool test and blood tests? For what you have done these endoscopy procedure? What are all the other findings in endoscopy report? Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What is the white spot found at the end of stomach during an endoscopy? 9 hours later
Blood in stools - tar like; on Warfarin and Zinc.; the endoscopy was ordered to detect bleeding from the stomach area which may be causing the blood in the stools. I have a spot on my liver which is not growing but is on watch and I have one functioning kidney, the other one has not been removed. Is there such a thing as an ulcer in this area? It is bright white and looks a bit like a volcano.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 6 hours later
Brief Answer: May be due to scarring of healed Ulcer. Warfarin Detailed Answer: Hello, Usually bleeding spot is cherry red color in endoscopy. White spots usually indicate focal scarring by the healed ulcer. Warfarin is the anticoagulant. It may increase the risk of bleeding in peptic ulcer patients. This may be cause for the blood and black tarry stool. Please discuss with your treating doctor regarding the use of warfarin. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.