What is the use of cerazette in cerebal palsy?

ENT Specialist
should cerazette be prescribed when person has cerebal palsy is on phenytoin + warfarin..was told it was a pain killer. Has shunt in both sides of brain, has experienced
heavy periods
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for writing to s

1. Cerazette (desogestrel) is a hormone based contraceptive and not a painkiller.

2. It is probably the cause of the heavy periods or has been started to treat the menorrhagia (heavy periods).

3. How severe is her cerebral palsy and hydrocephalus?

4. Phenytoin (anti-convulsant) is for controlling seizures. Why is she on Warfain (anti-coagulant) ?

5. Though there is no significant interaction between these two and cerazette, phenytoin and warfarin do.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.