What is the use of P750?

Nov 2013

My doctor prescribed P750 both in morning and also in evening. May I know the usage of that medicine?. In the recent MRI scan, the result is like, "L4-5 central Disc extrusion with mild disc desiccation is noted ate L4-5 level compressing both traversing nerve roots at this level". I just need to know how to proceed in this case?. Is surgery required?. Or it could be treated in some other ways?. Its better to consult a Ortho specialist or a neuro specialist in this case?. P750 is prescribed for the above problem.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your MRI spine findings. These suggest a pinched nerve in the lower back due to bulging of disc (soft tissue located between the vertebral bodies) in lower back region. Symptoms caused by this problem could include back and leg pain, tingling or pain in legs, etc. Initial treatment consists of medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules to relieve the nerve pain, and physiotherapy (including back exercises). P750 is paracetamol and may help a little bit in pain relief. You should consult a neuro specialist for further management. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: