What is the tube like object near the Laparoscopic incision point?
User rating for this question
Seeing & feeling a 3-5" tube like object under skin near RH Laparoscopic Incision point 9 months after Laparoscopic Appendectomy!!, Incision on RH side also tender, inflamed for 2-3 months after, ran high fevers for 1 month plus after. Having pain on right side at incision site area when lifting right arm or stretching right arm. The 3-5" tube object is moving near surface!! sometimes moves from sight. What should I do, what could be the tube object? A 5 or 10mm Trocar tube left in?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hernia. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. It can be something left under the skin indeed. But it is really hard to leave Trocar tube under the skin. It is not even hard, it is impossible. You never put whole Trocar inside, the largest part always stays outside the skin. So trocar tube sounds really impossible. If this tube object is soft, most probable is hernia (fatty tissue from the abdomen more precisely) in the scar area. Inflammation always makes wound healing very hard. Appendix is usually infected so during taking it out, the wound gets infected as well. This makes this point weak and prone to hernia appearance. The best way to find out what it is, is an ultrasound of this are. Please ask your doctor to perform this test. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Low grade temperature while menstruating
- I keepgetting servere pains in my stomach when i need to go to the toilet
- Lower back pain hurts to stand and walk
- Incision reopened after laparoscopic surgery?
- Twitching abdomen upper right side
- How to take ecg of a girl
- Lump on wrist child
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy incisions
- Left shoulder swollen
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation incision
- Far point and near point
- Pulse above belly button
- Pulsating and pain in the pit of my stomach
- Hiatus hernia with ring around
- Tube like object in stool