What is the treatment to reduce hairfall?

Dec 2013

hi please help me , how can I reduce hairfall . I am using parachute therepy hair oil and loreal paris hair fall reduction shampoo . Please provide solution. Regards XXXX
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide details Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand the concern for the hair loss. I request you to please kindly elaborate your query in detail so that I can help you best regarding the health issues. Kindly elaborate the problem in terms of - - Your age, sex and occupation. - Since how long you have the problem of hair fall. - How many hair fall off daily. - Is there any itching or dandruff along with hair fall. - Any illness or stress event in last 2 years. Hope to hear soon from your side to help and guide you best for your aunt's condition. With good health wishes, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology
Follow-up: What is the treatment to reduce hairfall? 41 minutes later
my age is 24 years male working for life insurance company since past 1 year but frm past 2 months it is more. when I apply hairoil and do shampooing approx 10 - 15 hair fall of I dont have any itching and dandruff. no illness or stress.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome again to the forum and thanks for posting furhter details. After getting the details and analyzing the details with diligence let me explain you the details regarding your condition. Medically the number of normal hair falling varies from few hair to up to 50-100 per day. Now if your hair falling more than 100s per day then it is definitely a problem. IN your case you have only 15 -20 hair fall so you have to understand hair fall as normal process of day to day life. We have almost 1 lac hair on our scalp and amongst them around 5% of hair are in falling phase and then another 0.1% (around 100) of hair can fall everyday. In males this is super-added with hormonal influence of testosterone hormone ( the male hormone) which we call as "male pattern baldness". This also depends upon genetics- meaning type and pattern of hair your family pattern (from your father and mother's side). So "male pattern baldness" is most common cause of hair fall in young men like you. This process of falling starts by 18-20 years and is highest in between the age of 20 to 30 years. I can see you are a young man of 24 years. So it is quite obvious that you can have this problem of hair fall just because of hormonal influence. Other than this there can be simple falling of hair all over the scalp which can occur after any illness or long term stress. As you are in executive job so stress can be a important cause of hair fall. Nevertheless in hair fall poor diet contribute to increase the hair fall. SO you should eat healthiest of diet. For the betterment of diet kindly follow the suggestions below: 1. Eat at least 3-4 different fruits saplings per day. Every fruit is good but you can make a combination of sour with sweet fruits such as oranges, papaya and other of seasonal fruits. 2. Pulses are good source of proteins. So everyday have a small bowel full of mixed pulses. Add green leafy vegetables additionally in the pulses which contains lot of iron and vitamins in it. 3. Sprouts are the best source of fibers, minerals especially iron, vitamins and proteins too. so add it at-least alternate day if you can not make in every-day's part of meal. 4. Over night soaked and peeled almonds will give you good vitamin E which is good for the hair growth. 5. Milk and milk products should be included in every-day's schedule. 6.Do light exercises, reduce your work stress as all these have bit impact on skin so also on scalp skin. Now regarding the part of treatment: There are innumerable products in the market claiming to be useful for hair growth. We dermatologists believes in application of Minoxidil lotion. It is one product which is unanimously used by all dermatologists. It is to be started with 2% lotion applied over the scalp once or twice in day. It is to be applied when the scalp is dry. Only 1 ml is sufficient to be applied at the root of hair in frontal region. Additionally you can take a multivitamin tablet containing biotin, calicium pantothenate and other vitamin B complexes. So you can take it under dermatological guidance. I would like to suggest you to have a good nourishing diet along with all the medicines because that is quite very helpful in retaining the hair and maintaining it better. Hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)
Follow-up: What is the treatment to reduce hairfall? 4 minutes later
will livon hair gain help the cause , wat shampoo and hair oil shal I use
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow best diet for good hair Detailed Answer: Hello young man, Welcome again to the forum. Regarding your further queries: - There is no difference of shampoos, the only part is to use good company shampoos such as Laureal or Tresemme shampoo. - Using hair oil do not make any difference. Do not use any kind of hair oil or any oily or creamy stuff any time on your scalp. - You can use livon hair gain if you want instead of using a hair oil. In my opinion diet is the most important factor in gaining good hair. SO follow best of your diet. Hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help or if not then can close the query and rate the answer. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)