What is the treatment to open up blocked heart artery?

Help doc.i me Bhaskar(46) from guwahati.last 2nd Oct.2011,I had a severe pain in my left lower abdomen and after recovery from hospital I found myself with double vassal desease. my RCA is 99% and other 2 artery block 88%,86%.I have had a EECP treatment of 35 shift completed in Chennai same year next month.there is no any pain after that 1st attack and now I m under some medicine with no other problem. what next good treatments can I do to recovery my heart blocks ?what about 'Revveratrol'!pl give me some advice. Thnx.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Definitive management is CABG/Angioplasty stent Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You might be mystified that EECP had worked in a double vessel disease and you do not have symptoms now. It is important fact that you need to check the extent of blockage in both the arteries in your review with a CT Angio or MR Angio. If the blockage is more than 90% I still recommend for definitive treatment that is Coronory artery By pass graft or Percutaneous Angioplasty plus stenting. Since you are young these procedures can be well tolerated. Resveratrol is currently in studies and not completed full trials. It is believed to reduce the artery inflammation and reduce the blood clotting in the artery. However no definitive management is suggested at this stage with Resveratrol alone. Hope this is clear.
Follow-up: What is the treatment to open up blocked heart artery? 9 minutes later
Is there any kind of medicine that can open my block artery?why in this era no other develop option except CABG/STNT?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes medicines have to be delivered to that site Detailed Answer: Hi Yes medicines can open up the blocked artery. However the medicine is to be delivered at the blocked artery which is not possible now. The drug eluted stents is a technology which prevent restenosis of balloned artery. If you see there are pot holes on roads / houses on the drainage system which helps to clear the clogged drain. These help to clear the blockage better and effective flow of drain. Flushing water at the tank is not effective to clear the drain. Unfortunately there is no such facility in the human body except to put the catheter and clear the block. More over you should already be taking Clopidogrel and Aspirin they are anti platelet they prevent narrowing and further stenoses. They are sufficient if the person has no symptoms or mild attacks. The interventions are needed if the symptoms are severe. Most answers do not require studying it is with our regular practice and experience I was able to convince my patients the importance of definitive therapy and not the therapy which is ineffective and repeatedly fails on clinical trials. I always advice what is best for the person in front of me. Some answers are mellifluous but will not benefit / cost effective for my patients. Good luck
Follow-up: What is the treatment to open up blocked heart artery? 16 minutes later
Doc thnx,but long term use of aspirin and some other medicines ADR is very bad like impotent, blurred vision,nerve week and it applyes time also.atorvastin calcium also beta blocker many days to use these medicine?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Life long use of Aspirin and Clopidogrel recommend Detailed Answer: Hi The benefits of aspirin and clopidogrel plus Atorvastatin are largely outplay the risks involved. Similarly ACE inhibitor and Betablocker helps in heart remodelling and thus control blood pressure. Impotence, blurred vision and nerve weakness are rare with these medicines. I suggest to continue them without any second thought.