What is the treatment to increase sperm count?

Jul 2016

my total sperm count 6laks motility 10% sluggish 5% Dead 85% how to increase sperm count and what is the treatment
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: No drugs proved to increase sperm count. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Oligozooasthenospermia meaning there by low sperm count and less % of active motile sperms. Truly speaking there are no drugs in modern medicine fraternity proved to be effective to increase the sperm count. So many Herbal and Ayurvedic drugs are available in the market who claim to be effective to increase sperm count however there are no scientific data to accept their claim. Following general measures help to improve sperm count. 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.. Please consult qualified infertility specialist for clinical evaluation and get following investigations done to rule out any of the factors being the cause of low sperm count. 1) Varicocele 2) Low testosterone levels in blood. 3) Thyroid disease. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil. 3) Diabetes