What is the treatment to get rid of post traumatic pain?

my name is XXXXXXX and i had a 15ft fall 20yrs ago. i landed on the back of my head and have had severe neck and head pain ever doctor gave me vicodin and percoset 10 a day for 10yrs. i decided to start going to the va hospital for all my care.they took me off all my pain me4ds and listed me a addict.i went through in patient treatment been through physicl thearapy numerous times spent 4 yrs going through adult addiction programs all this and i still am living in severe pain i am taking lryrica now but only brings my pain level to a 6 there has been 3 times in last 3yrs that i couldn't live with the pain anymore and tried to commit suicide im 60 years old now and dont want to live out my golden years in pain very scaRED
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain management facility needed Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX! Thank you for asking your query. i read your query and i m sorry for your troubles and sufferings. I can understand your post traumatic pain concerns and i want you to know that every patient has a right to live pain free and its every doctor's responsibility of make sure of that. Stop thinking about suicides and enjoy the colours of life.You are not alone in this. tens of millions of Americans have these issues. Every state in US has its own prescription monitoring programs for opioids. here is the statement from Minnesota ( i guessed it from your IP address). Minnesota Adopted Model Policy for the Use of Controlled Substances for the Treatment of Pain. The guidelines consist of evaluating the patient, development of a treatment plan, obtaining informed consent and agreement for treatment, periodically reviewing the treatment plan, consulting with the patient, maintaining good medical records, and demonstrating compliance with controlled substances laws and regulations Minnesota Prescription Monitoring Program Carisoprodol is classified as a Schedule IV controlled Substance SO in Nut shell, All you ned is a good chronic pain management facility. they will provide you with many ways including prescription and therapies. vocational, recreational, psychological, physiological and a pretty good environment which will bring your pain levels from 6 to 1 or zero i am sure. SO stop worrying and seek help of some chronic pain management specialist. If you have difficulty finding one you can provide me your address and i will lok up for one near you. Hope i was of some help. If you have any more queries please feel free to ask other wise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Take some very good care of yourself and may the odds be ever in your favour. regards Dr. S Khan