What is the treatment to cure ringworm spreading all over the body?

My Daughter was having one ringworm which has now spread and all across her body as small ringworms she has used Becem N and Ringgaurd cream and also a anti fungal oil post bath but the I am not seing much improvement other than just seing few of them vanish it has now been around 3-4 wks and she is 8 yrs old
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Firstly it needs to be confirmed if she is having ringworm or tinea infection. If its ringworm and is extensive then one may Take oral terbinafine dailyaccording to body weight Apply clotrimazole or eberconazole or terbinafine or sertaconazole cream alone or in combination with a mild steroid Use an antifungal soap. Usually in two to three weeks complete resolution is seen If possible please upload pics of her lesions so that I may guide you further. Also I would like to know her body weight. Hoping to hear from you soon
Follow-up: What is the treatment to cure ringworm spreading all over the body? 1 hour later
As asked earlier by you my daughters weight is 32 KG for age 8yrs. She is using Joynera anitfungal soap for bathing. She has earlier consumed syp Atarax 500 and applied crotorax lotion post bath and Novaderm cream on bigger rings. But all to see not much improvements. We have no pets. I have also uploaded three pics showing her current situation for one part of body. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back. I have seen the images attached. You had mentioned that your daughter had few big ring shaped lesions followed by smaller ring shaped lesions. Now fungal infection could be a probability but pityriasis rosea is another strong possibility. P rosea is characterised by a big ring shaped lesion initially which is followed by appearance of multiple small ring shaped scaly lesions mainly over the trunk along the rib line. These lesions are slightly itchy or couldbe non itchy and may persist for a month or two. These lesions are self resolving. I personally after seeing the lesions believe, it could be P rosea. If its a fungal infection not resolving with topical creams just start with oral terbinafine in dose of 125 mg daily If its P rosea, oral cetrizine along with application of calamine and topical steroid is enough. I would advise that you consult a qualified dermatologist to get the lesions diagnosed and start an appropriate treatment. Regards