What is the treatment of red scrotum syndrome?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
What do you recommend for RSS?
Today, while showering, washed my scrotal sac as always, and it burned. Rinsed abundantly, dried off and put Mustela Baby Cream on it. This evening, rinsed off and the burning feeling returned. I am rinsing only not using any soap. Should I change Mustela to Euricin cream? What else can I do?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The treatment of red scrotum syndrome involves topical therapy and systemic antibiotics like doxycycline along with immunomodulators like Tacrolimus.
I would recommend you getting a prescription for Itraconazole tablets 200mg once daily for 1 week along with the antibiotic. That should hopefully get rid of it but you will need to start and continue using ketoconazole shampoo on a daily basis for 5-10 mins before your showering. That will stop it from coming back.
Keeping the area moisturised with the Euricin cream will also help.
It is best to consult a dermatologist for the necessary prescriptions.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.