What is the treatment fro pulling sensation in groin?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am 64 years in good health recently I have w2hay I can only explain as a groin pull? sharp pain with radiating ache down to my knee and sometimes to my left ankle seems odd to me
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Likely to be due to a muscular spasm Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The pains that you have described are likely to be due to a muscular spasm most likely caused by a muscle pull. Taking mild pain killers and muscle relaxants will bring a short term relief. Regular stretching exercise will be helpful. You can do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area to relieve the spasm. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care