What is the treatment for yellow stain on teeth?
User rating for this question
I have yellow stain on my teeth. Recently I cleaned it from a dentist but I was not satisfy with the treatment. He gave a tooth paste but still not seen positive sign. Advice me how to take of teeth from stain.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 8 hours later
Brief Answer: light activated bleaching is best. Detailed Answer: Hi there; Welcome to HCM; Stains over the teeth are of two types one is extrinsic and the other is intrinsic stains. Extrinsic stains are external over the tooth surface which may develop due to tea;coffee; coloured foods; chewing bettel leaf or bettel nuts and smoking stains all these can be removed by ultrasonic scaling and pumice polishing. As you have mentioned your teeth look stained even after cleaning indicates the stains are intrinsic. you may need teeth whitening procedure which is done by bleaching of teeth under light activation. THis will definity give you satisfactory results. mean time use oral rinses which helps in removing plaque and prevents bacterial growth. I hope this helps ; Take care; Dr.Farah Hussain.
People also viewed
- Skull bumps and dents
- Growing bumps and dents on head
- Treatment and cure for Yellow teeth
- Devil horn bumps on radius
- What is the treatment for teeth and gum injury
- Used rusted razor developed bumps on genitals
- Abscess draining into sinuses
- Tooth abscess maxillary sinus drainage
- Abscess tooth that dont hurt
- What is the treatment for yellow stain on teeth
- What type of doctor removes abscessed molar
- What is the treatment for pain in teeth
- Dental abscess as a sign leukemia
- I have red bumps from hcg diet
- What is the treatment for shaking teeth