Ask a Dentist   »  

What is the treatment for yellow stain on teeth?

I have yellow stain on my teeth. Recently I cleaned it from a dentist but I was not satisfy with the treatment. He gave a tooth paste but still not seen positive sign. Advice me how to take of teeth from stain.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 8 hours later
Brief Answer: light activated bleaching is best. Detailed Answer: Hi there; Welcome to HCM; Stains over the teeth are of two types one is extrinsic and the other is intrinsic stains. Extrinsic stains are external over the tooth surface which may develop due to tea;coffee; coloured foods; chewing bettel leaf or bettel nuts and smoking stains all these can be removed by ultrasonic scaling and pumice polishing. As you have mentioned your teeth look stained even after cleaning indicates the stains are intrinsic. you may need teeth whitening procedure which is done by bleaching of teeth under light activation. THis will definity give you satisfactory results. mean time use oral rinses which helps in removing plaque and prevents bacterial growth. I hope this helps ; Take care; Dr.Farah Hussain.