What is the treatment for yellow stain on teeth?
User rating for this question
I have yellow stain on my teeth. Recently I cleaned it from a dentist but I was not satisfy with the treatment. He gave a tooth paste but still not seen positive sign. Advice me how to take of teeth from stain.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 8 hours later
Brief Answer: light activated bleaching is best. Detailed Answer: Hi there; Welcome to HCM; Stains over the teeth are of two types one is extrinsic and the other is intrinsic stains. Extrinsic stains are external over the tooth surface which may develop due to tea;coffee; coloured foods; chewing bettel leaf or bettel nuts and smoking stains all these can be removed by ultrasonic scaling and pumice polishing. As you have mentioned your teeth look stained even after cleaning indicates the stains are intrinsic. you may need teeth whitening procedure which is done by bleaching of teeth under light activation. THis will definity give you satisfactory results. mean time use oral rinses which helps in removing plaque and prevents bacterial growth. I hope this helps ; Take care; Dr.Farah Hussain.
People also viewed
- Back pain after ercp
- What should i do after swallowing teeth
- What is the remedy for constant pain in teeth
- Cellulitis spreading after antibiotics
- Treatment and cure for Yellow teeth
- What are the brown spots under my tongue
- Back pains after pregnancy
- What is the treatment for teeth and gum injury
- Nose augmentation before and after
- What is the treatment for yellow stain on teeth
- What are the reasons for inflamed and sore nipples
- What is the treatment for pain in teeth
- Arm pain after lumpectomy
- What is the treatment for shaking teeth
- Need medication for ulcers on gums