What is the treatment for wound on foot?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor, There is a wound in the foot and i've a snap shot also for the same . How can i attach a file so that u can check the wound and suggest..
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Planter wart give me more details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for the wound in the foot. After through analysis of all the pictures I can make out that you have "planter wart". To explain you simply- Planter wart is a viral infection caused by HPV virus. It is quite a simple virus which is contracted by minor trauma to the skin of planter side of foot. Once the virus gets entered it causes swelling of the cells by which there is formation of a callus which causes minor to moderate irritation at the local site. Later on it may even cause pain during walking as it is present on the pressure site of foot. It is a common process that we try to take it out by various means like with blade or any sharp instrument or corn tapes and therefore a kind of wound is formed which you have presently. As I said it is simple viral infection, so the most important of the thing in its control is not to even touch it by any means. As by touching or any fiddling with the wart causes more spread to the local site as well further new wart formation where-ever we touch it. To guide you best I need certain important points so that the best measures can be suggested. Kindly elaborate the concern in terms of: - Since how long this problem is present. - Is there any pain in the same. - Is it present on other foot also. -What are the treatments taken by you for the same. Wish you good health. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD- Dermatology & STD)

Follow-up: What is the treatment for wound on foot? 44 minutes later
Dear Doctor, Thanks for the Swift response . And here is the answer for your questions Since how long this problem is present: It is present from past 2 months - Is there any pain in the same : There is a pain like sharp sensation. - Is it present on other foot also : No , Its present only on 1 foot -What are the treatments taken by you for the same : We have visited the doctor and he has removed some white thing from the foot and that was nearly 2 months ago, But now its like the same thing like it was earlier before.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go for Chemical cautery/ Radio-cautery Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting the important details so that I can guide you for the best part of treatment. If I were your treating dermatologist then would have first preferred for application of a chemical cauterizing agent such as salicylic acid 17% at night time for 2 weeks. If the improvement is seen (in terms of decrease in pain and shrinkage of lesion) then would have continued the same for next 4 weeks or till the time there is complete disappearance of the lesion is there. If the improvement is seen is not seen then would have chosen for chemical cauterization with trichloro-acetic acid in twice weekly application. Even if the improvement is not seen then the best method is by cauterization with radio-frequency. DO not try to touch and fiddle with the lesion as can cause further spread. I will be glad if you have any further query or if not then can close the discussion and rate the answer. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD- Dermatology & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)

Follow-up: What is the treatment for wound on foot? 6 minutes later
Doctor, I'm completely satisified with your answer and just wanted to check whether i can get the treatment from you directly .. I'm staying in bangalore and my contact number is 0000 . If possible please share your details so that i can contact you and get the treatment from you directly.. Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: apply salicylic acid 17% Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I highly appreciate your confidence in me. It is really a great honor to me but we are bounded by the limitation of distance. I am Jaipur based dermatologist and you are staying at Bangalore which is too far away to take such a simple treatment. I suggest you to apply salicylic acid 17% ( available by the name of Duofilm ) at night time for 4 weeks. Let you apply it for the prescribed period and in between search for a good dermatologist in Bangalore. if you are coming to Jaipur then whole heartedly I am ready to serve you best for your condition. I will be glad if you have any further query or if not then can close the discussion and rate the answer. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD- Dermatology & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)